NOTICE TO GENERAL COUNCIL MEMBERS
QUALIFIED VOTER AND ABSENTEE BALLOTS
Voter Registration: Please be sure that you are registered to vote for the upcoming General Election.
If one of the following is true for you, then you are no longer a qualified voter and must register in order to be permitted to vote:
- You have not voted within a two (2) year period in a Tribal General Election;
- You have recently turned eighteen (18) years of age; or
- You have otherwise never been registered.
How to Register:
- Contact the Tribe by email (email@example.com), mail, in person at the Tribal Office, or by phone to make a request to become a registered voter.
- A voter registration card will then be mailed to you.
- Return voter registration card to the Tribe.
- Registration is open until fifteen (15) days before the General Election.
Absentee Voting: If you are interested in voting absentee and are a qualified voter, please be sure to make a request for an absentee ballot. All requests for absentee ballots handled by mail, should be received not less than seven (7) days before the General Election day.
Ways Request A “Green Card” to be a Registered Voter and/or An Absentee Voter:
- Mail: PO Box 529, Klamath, CA 95548
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Information: It is the responsibility of every voter to provide a current mailing address to the Tribe. All correspondence regarding tribal elections will be mailed to the last address supplied by the voter.